Week 2 : Introduction to Carbohydrates and Physical Activity - Quiz 2
Get a grade "A+"!!!
1. (TCO 1) Major fructose sources include:
2. (TCO 1) Which of the following is a disaccharide?
3. (TCO 1) What is the major monosaccharide found in the body?
4. (TCO 2) How many grams of carbohydrates (per day) are recommended to prevent ketosis in healthy individuals (RDA)?
5. (TCO 2) Without sufficient ________, the colon gets too little exercise and becomes weak.
6. (TCO 2) Which of the following are substances in plant foods that are not absorbed by the body?
7. (TCO 3) Individuals with the disease PKU (phenylketonuria) should not consume the artificial sweetener aspartame. Why?
8. (TCO 3) In Type I diabetes, the ________ may be destroyed by an autoimmune disease.
9. (TCO 3) Which of the following is NOT characteristic of Type II diabetes?
10. (TCO 4) Which of the following ethnic groups has the LOWEST incidence of lactose intolerance?